By Kennie Dionisio
Slutty brownies are a delicious layered treat with a cookie dough base topped with Oreos and a fudgy layer of classic brownie. But what about putting an autumnal twist on this beloved dessert? October is all about pumpkin spice and everything nice. Who knew pumpkins and chocolate went so well together?
1 8”x8” foil baking pan
1 package of ready-to-bake cookie dough
16 Oreo cookies (You can also purchase orange-creme Halloween Oreos for some added color)
1 box of brownie mix
1 small can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
¾ cup of melted butter
½ cup of sugar
1 tsp. of pumpkin spice
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 40 mins.
Total Time: 55 mins.
1. Preheat your oven to 350o F.
2. Spray your baking pan with cooking spray.
3. With a hand mixer, combine one box of brownie mix with one can of pumpkin. Gradually beat in sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and melted butter. Be careful not to overbeat your mixture, otherwise you may end up with a spongy brownie.
4. Evenly press the cookie dough in the baking pan.
5. Gently press the 16 oreo cookies into the cookie dough layer.
6. Evenly spread the pumpkin brownie batter on top of the two layers you created.
7. Bake in the middle rack of your oven at 350o F for 40 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the brownie and it runs clear.
8. Let the brownies fully cool before serving and enjoy!